Shenanigans review by Green Day

• Released: Jul 1, 2002
Green Day: Shenanigans

By using typical punk/pop-punk sound, Billie Joe Armstrong and Green Day have produced an excellent album with catchy riffs and lyrics. Maybe it's just me, but I love Billie Joe's voice, and the lyrics in some of the songs ("Suffocate", "You Lied", "Scumbag", "Rotting", etc.) are very uncliche and genius.

The lyrics on many of the original songs were excellent. Billie Joe's voice simply adds more "completeness" to the songs, and they mix perfectly with the music.

In comparison to albums like Dookie, 1,039 Smoothed, and Kerplunk! this album isn't one to brag about, but it is still Green Day, which means great music. I'm highly anticipating the release of their next album.

BehringerBoy
    i think it's actaully one of there best. Mainly giving a diffent sound to usual (On the Wagon), but still some similar (Suffocate). Personally, i like the different kind of feel. they should do some more bluesy songs but i think they should do less balads, like those of the 'Warning' album.
    wangmaster
    I bought it. its amazing. "Ha ha you're dead" "Suffocate" "Espionage" and "I wanna be on TV" are the highlights.
    Zell182
    Billie joe's voice is really odd on this album but in a good way i think
    stampy_69
    Shenanigans wasn't just songs made by Green Day, it had a few Ramones songs on there and such. It was just a compilation album. The highlight of the album was Ha Ha, you're dead. This cd rocks mah sox! Hooray for Green Day!!!!
    lacey.thatsme
    i have it! my favorites are suffocate, desensitized, i wanna be on tv, and haha you're dead.
    Punx300
    It's Billie Joe , and also i agree, Haha, you'r dead is a great song, writen by Mike Dirnt btw. And also i'd jst like to add ... Green Day are amazing!
    BehringerBoy
    Oh, and i couldn't stop laughing at the begining of Desecitized and in Ha ha, your dead. Classic...
    noodlerod
    noodlerod
    i'd have to say espionage is my fav song on this album cuz its like the funnest song to play on guitar.but i also like desensitized,lol,its like kinda kool.
    wildchild6660
    noodlerod wrote: srry if no one agrees w/ me,but im a huge green day fan,and this is like my least favorite cd.i still luv it,but its just that i dont really like the lyrics in this album.i mean,there r still sum good songs on it,but its not as good as the other albums.they have sum really weird songs on here,but idk why soo many peeple like this cd so much,i think its just me.but i think billie joe sounds different on sum of the songs too.and i think green day is the bestest at making lyrics in songs,like even though its not about them,like they get the story from them.idk if that made any sense but anyway green day rocks!!
    True. But how cool is it that their weakest album is better than most other bands' best albums.
    Guitar-DRW
    Haha You're Dead, Espionage And You Lied are cool. Also the beginning of song 2. Good B-sides!!!