Shenanigans review by Green Day

• Released: Jul 1, 2002
Green Day: Shenanigans

The sound was normal Green Day style. All pop-punk. I'm not sayin thats bad, but with a new Green Day album, you mostly know that it's going to be punk rock. The instrumental of Espionage was great. It reminded me of James Bond. And the different style, which I can't really come up with a name for it, on Rotting was interesting.

Of course Billie Jo has the coolest voice. But on this album, the lyrics were a little disappointing. I guess what I didnt like was how repetitive Outsider was but I guess it were cover song of the Ramones and not Billie Jo's writing. A good song, just the repetitiveness got annoying after a while.

It wasn't the best Green Day album, but it was a great CD. I thought the best songs on the album were the instrumental, Espionage, a more classic punk sound on Sick of Me and Scumbag. The thing I hated the most, was that they didn't put Dui on it, which is a hilarious song. If your a Green Day fan, this is probably an album to add to your collection, but if your wanting to buy an album to see if you like Green Day, this isn't the one to buy. But its definetly a good album.