Uno! review by Green Day

• Released: Sep 21, 2012
Green Day: Uno!

Since 1987, Green Day has been hard at work, serving the public with a refreshing power pop and punk sound that set them and other alternative bands apart from mainstream radio. Their last studio release, "21st Century Breakdown", went 2x platinum, selling more than 12 million copies world wide. Now, the band has gone back to their roots that made them successful in 1994, the release of "Dookie": Down 'n Dirty Rock 'n Roll. To me, this record sounds like "Dookie", "Nimrod", "Warning", and "21st Century" got together and had a baby. Tracks like "Carpe Diem" sounds more like new Green Day, and then there's "Kill The DJ", which is kind of it's own thing. The album defiantly has a verity of different styles.

Lyrics? You guessed it: Raunchy. Songs like "Let Yourself Go" and "Kill The DJ" both deliver heavy amounts of profanity (some more well places than others, ex. "Shoot the f--king DJ..." gets old after awhile). The song "Nuclear Family" states that our society threatens parents and their children. "Rusty James" (one of my favorites), is a lonely sounding song lyrically. "Oh Love" is the first single from the album (released June 28th), is a great song, but the replay value isn't very strong, to me, at least.

Overall this is defiantly some of the band's best work. I could listen to this album all day, everyday. The album is the 1st in the bands trio of LPs, and drops into stores on Tuesday. Sept. 25th [my birthday!]) "Dos!" Launches November 13th, and "Tr!" is set for release on January 15th. Be sure to head to your local retailer and pick up "Uno!"