Warning review by Green Day

• Released: Oct 3, 2000
Green Day: Warning

The sound on this album is excellent. They use different instruments to provide the mood for different songs. In "Misery" they use a farfisa to provide the feel for the depression and lonliness they sing about in the song. They use also in some songs a harmonica and accordion to boost the interest on the song and to get you to fully understand what they are feeling. The sound on this album is great.

As everyone knows Billy Joe is an exceptional sound writer and this album is no exception. In "Misery" and "Castaway" he talks about lonliness and misery, of one being by themselves and it blends in and meshes perfectly with the instruments such as the farfisa that they use in their songs. Billy Joe is a great singer and from his singing it helps to fully get a feel for the song and his voice is very catchy.The lyrics are superb.

This may not rank up to being in the best of Green Day's albums but it is definately worth buying, and it has alot of great songs on it like "minority". The most impressive songs are " Minority", " Church on Sunday", "Warning" and "Misery" These are some of the more famous ones as ALL the songs are good and it is difficult to pinpoint a few. I love the lyrics and Billy Joe's singing. I also love the fact that they do not saty restricted to only guitars, drums and bass, but they expand to other instruments as well, as in "Hold On" If it was stolen I would definatrely buy it again. This is a great album, go out and buy it!

IGotThePower!
    w/e! everyones entitled to an opinion, but i completely disagree. Its not one of the best Green Day slbums, but i still think this is a great album!
    SG-Burchett
    Riz_kan wrote: wildchild6660 wrote: OK, I'm a huge Green Day fan, but some of you guys have GOT to stop associating green day with Hardcore Punk. That just makes you look look like idiots Agree
    also agree.....they are almost a pop punk band tbh.....albeit the best one ever
    SG-Burchett
    BlinkyBoy20 wrote: 1. Nimrod 2. Dookie 3. American Idiot 4. Insomniac 5. Warning
    nimrod 1st? individual songs off it are good like the grouch and hitchin a ride, good riddance etc but there are big chunks of it that are meh. True warning at times sounds like it could do with a bit more overdrive and classic green day style, but some of the tracks are quite reflective and almost relaxing. if the best tracks off this album had been taken off and used to replace the filler in nimrod that would have been possibly one of tgeir best ever albums.....unfortunately both of them seem to lose momentum in the middle when listening to it so as albums as a WHOLE they possibly even fall below american idiot and certainly Dookie, insomniac and that compilation album of their 1st 2 EPs that i can never remember the name of... However i reckon warning is often dismissed and overlooked when it deserves more credit.....and at least billie joe still has that bitter tone to his lyrics and singin which therefore makes it a MILIION times better than 21st CB
    ArcticDude
    Not what I was expecting when I bought the CD, very acoustic and defiantely not as good as others, but different, and I love Minority. Greenday rocks
    Private Eye
    This was the last good album from Green Day. It really depresses me whenever I think of what they were from 1989-2003 and what they are now Warning is one of the most underappreciated albums ever.
    Lion_Slicer
    Pretty good, Minority is especially awesome, that song seems like it just flowed out of them effortlessly. One of my favorite GD songs, along with Letterbomb from AI and Basket Case. Though Nimrod might be my favorite album... might be.
    iwannabesedated
    Minority is an AMAZING song, but overall this album is just average. If they didn't get so popular with American Idiot I doubt many people would be talking about them. Great band though.
    Riz_kan
    Agree
    wildchild6660
    wildchild6660
    Warning and Church on Sunday are two of my favorite songs but i dont like the rest of them that much - especially macy's day parade which is kinda dull. Overall a gud album but not their best. I like it better than nimrod though.
    punkrox101
    i like the fact that the sound in this album is unique. it's a different kind of green day but they pulled it off pretty well.
    livinginmisery
    I forgot to add this on my review so..... Ranking the songs 1. Misery 2. Minority 3. Deadbeat Holiday 4. Macy's Day Parade 5. Warning 6. Jackass 7. Blood, Sex, and Booze 8. Fashion Victim 9. Waiting 10. Castaway 11. Church on Sunday 12. Hold On
    nerk13
    guitarfreek6889 wrote: not one of their best cd's but still very unique sound to them. i still like their first cd dookie.
    You do know that that wasn't their first album, right? Anyways, I love Warning! It's one of my favorite albums, behind International Superhits and Nimrod. Blood, Sex, and Booze and Misery are me favorite. Church on Sunday is also really awesome, I think that's the one he wrote to Adrienne to keep her from leaving him, pretty sad. Minority is kick ass too. Waiting and Macy's Day Parade are one of the better songs on there, I love singing along. Overall, it's an awesome album and I hope this is what their new album will sound like.
    lilboyc
    I agree with Sassamafras and Maggotkiller, Greenday bashers suck, if they don't like greenday then quit annoying other people, and American Idiot was there worst album, and i'm one of there upssed fans!
    Maggotkiller
    Sassamafras Says: (ok greenday bashers are like a disease with no cure, they keep coming back time and time again just to annoy everyone by bashing greenday senselessly. well no one cares if u don't liket their music then PISS off and dont read the articles just to leave a nasty childish remark about them in the user comment area. ur not funny ur just annoying..angry pissed off greenday haters in 3...2....1...) I don't like Greenday but i did like this album because this in my opinion was their last good album I do hate American Idiot w/ a passion though and I'll bash it to pulp if I can but I do qutie like this album but yes I agree w/ you.
    guitarfreek6889
    pedro_008
    don't worry sassamafras im not a hater, im a friggin harcore Rocker Green Day Rules
    sassamafras
    punkrocker4ever
    this album is so boring....green day should turn the overdrive back on and make kick ass music...the only kick ass song on this album is minority other than they they all suck