Warning review by Green Day

• Released: Oct 3, 2000
Green Day: Warning

If my band (NSS) could make power chords sound this good, we would have no trouble selling records. I dont know how they do it, but repetitively, these guys make it work. With the simplest of guitar knowledge and a crunchy stack, you can easily recreate this sound. I wish more bands would sound like this.

I dont know anyone who could have connected Misery as a story better than Billie did. There are some parts that are hard to follow: "If i promise (to) go to church on sunday, Will you go with me on friday night?" Seriously I have no idea what he's talking about, but that doesnt keep it from being my second favorite GD song. Minority, well, its just crazy enough to call it classic Green Day. There is nothing special about these lyrics. There is better songwriting out there by BJ, you just have to listen. The lyricism is par.

I do believe this album may be cursed, because i have bought it, lost it, burned a copy (dont tell!), lost that one, and bought another copy. I am keeping good tabs on this one though. Needless to say, i love this album, and it only gets replaced in my player for 1039/SOSH and International Superhits(which are both better than this album). There is nothing really innovative about this album, but its a good one to have to get the real feel of Tre, Billie, and Mike. NSS...