Warning review by Green Day

• Released: Oct 3, 2000
Green Day: Warning

From Dookie, to 2001's Warning, Green Day has changed rapidly in sound and are becoming a variety of genres all wrapped in one nice band. The music on this album is much more folky with punk instances at times. This mix proves to be a nice departure from songs about masturbation. I enjoyed the use of mandolins throughout the album in songs like Blood, Sex, And Booze. It created a nice border between straight ahead guitar riffs and floating, high pitched mandolin. Folk and Punk mix well throughout this great CD.

The lyrics are interesting and far from the lyrics of old about masturbation. The lyrics fit well with the music and there's also a sense of poppiness in the album as well as folk and punk. The lyrics seem to be just going through a story with most of the songs or of a person. Billie Joe sounds great on this ablum. He doesn't sound as nasally or immature. Great lyrics overall, and Billie Joe is great vocally.

I have no albums to compare this to, for it is so unique in sound. It's a great CD on all ends and any style played is great. I love that it is so different from anything else that was coming out at the time, but maybe it was too different for some. I would definately seek out the person who stole it and make them give it back, because this was my first CD that I owned. This is a great album, most might not agree, but I think this is Green Day's best album.