Warning review by Green Day

• Released: Oct 3, 2000
Green Day: Warning

It's much quiter than all their earlier releases. They use alot of acoustic guitars, and try some other instruments on a few songs like, like a saxaphone, harmonica, mandolin, and accordian. The guitars seem almost entirely clean, or just quieter. They had a lot less power chords on this than any other cd, more regular, basic chords (still no great solos). They really advanced on this CD and opened up to modern rock instead of just pop punk. The only thing I dont like about greendays sound is the fact that they're guitar playing isnt fun to play by itself.. but that's just me.

The lyrics on this CD were amazing for me. Billie Joe has an amazing voice, and wrote extremely mature lyrics that stick in your head. It can be a little hard to understand what he's saying at times though. Songs like "Hold on, Macy's day parade, and deadbeat holiday" had the most mature lyrics I've ever heard from them. Billie Joe did a lot of his best lyrics in this album I think.

This is close to pop-rock, but still a lot of pop punk left in it. The songs I like the most on the CD are Macy's Day Parade and Minority. They were able to experiment without changing their style, or losing that loud power chord sound that fans love. It's a CD I like to listen to when I'm feeling really emotional, or down. Great lyrics that make you think, even solve some of your problems. I would compare it to American Hi-Fi's new CD "Hearts On Parade," with the same mello rock sound. I love this CD probably my fav.