Warning review by Green Day

• Released: Oct 3, 2000
Green Day: Warning

Ok this isn't Green Day's best CD, but it's definitely the most ambitious. I'm not sure I wouldve had the guts to do an acoustic album with Green Day's situation. But they did, and the result was fantastic. Why some of these albums haven't sold more is a mystery to me. The sound of this CD is very acoustic. I like the weird instruments like the fanfisa in Misery. There's no other rock CD like this one. It is one of a kind. The reason I give it a 9 is I'm not exactly the biggest fan of acoustics, which is why I listen to rock and punk and metal and shit like that. The best song musically, Misery. The worst, Hold On.

This CD was the warmup to the politically-charged lyrics of American Idiot. Of course there's the occasional song about abusive gfs and selling drugs, but by now that was expected. The political message in Minority and Macy's Day Parade are 110% true. Here the album shines. However, I have to give it a 9 because of Hold On and Church on Sunday. DIdn't do it for me.

OK, here's where I describe my impression of every song and rate them. Then I combine them and get my impression rating. Every 10+ cancels out the lowest rated song.