Appetite For Brazil [DVD] Review

artist: Guns N' Roses date: 08/08/2008 category: compact discs
Release Date: 2004
The "Appetite For Brazil" DVD show was to promote the new album and with the songs they played from the album it seemed fairly reasonable for a set list.
 Content: 6
 Production Quality: 7
review (1) 31 comments vote for this album:
Appetite For Brazil [DVD] Reviewed by: hew-jass, on august 08, 2008

Sound: Guns N' Roses gave the greatly apprieciated albums use your illusion one and two in the early nineties. This concert was recorded at the "Rock In Rio" concert a few months before the double album was on the go. I'd like to say that this DVD is completley worth the money that I paid for it, sadly I can't say it. If you want a decent concert that was released as part of the Use Your Illusion tour then go and buy the Tokyo one because seriously this isnt a great concert. To start the show the band play "Pretty Tied Up" which is ok for the likes of Izzy Stradlin and and Duff McKagan. Axl's voice sounds okay but he has sounded a lot better. Slash's guitar isnt turned up so for the first few songs so the sound is horrible when it comes to playing his solos. However, when it comes to the third song of the set "Patience" everything seems to be sorted. Slash plays the exact same solo that he did for the Tokyo one and Matt Sorum and Dizzy Reed seem to have got their nerves behind them as this was their first proper show. // 5

Overall Impression: I'm still trying to get hold of the live in Paris gig so that should be reviewed soon enough but until then, if you really want to find a Guns N' Roses DVD that you will enjoy then go for Tokyo ones. Their easy to get hold of and the back catalogue on them is pretty reasonable. This is a poor DVD, that's the truth really. It has it's highlights of Sweet Child 'O Mine and the likes of when Matt messes up on Knockin' On Heavens Door but I wouldn't waste your money on it. I bought it from a shop in Italy and thought it would be interesting to see but I wouldn't cry myself to sleep over it if I lost it. It's just not that impressive an effort. // 4