Appetite for Destruction review by Guns N' Roses

• Released: Oct 27, 1987
Guns N' Roses: Appetite for Destruction

I think this album has the best heavy metal sound of any album before and since its release in 1987. Slash and Izzy's interlocking guitar parts make the sound crisp and clean and it also makes it sound raw, aggessive, and reckless. And not to mention the kick azzz solos by slash. The sound on this album just seems to fit perfectly with the lyrics but, I myself being a guitar player, would buy this CD just to listen to the guitar riffs.

The lyrics on this album are truely heavy metal lyrics. They range from the wierd cocaine driven lyrics of Mr. Brownstone to the kick ass lyrics in Sweet Child O' Mine. I think Axl Rose deserves a round of applause for these lyrics because they clearly defined 80's Rock n' Roll. An Axl's voice is like no other no one would have been able to pull the things he did on this album his voice and lyrics along with Slash's amazing guitar parts made this album what it is.

I think this album is at the top of the charts with Mettalica's Black album and AC/DC's Back in Black. The best songs on this Album are Paradise City, Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child O' Mine, and Rocket Queen. The rest of the songs are awsome as well though. I love the solos and the Power chord riffs in this album but my only complaint is the song Think about You. It is kinda a too "mushy" of a song. This CD is well worth paying 20 bucks for unlike the new shit today. If you like this CD, I would suggest any album by Metallica, AC/DC, Def Leppard, Aerosmith, or any other G N' R CD.