Appetite for Destruction review by Guns N' Roses

• Released: Oct 27, 1987
Guns N' Roses: Appetite for Destruction

The guitars on this album are definately the highlight of it. From the opening riff of Welcome to the Jungle to the last chords of "Rocket Queen", I love every moment. The two guitar style of this band works really well, as Slash manages to provide all the remembered solos and riffs, while Izzy Stradlin' provides the punch that made Guns N' Roses famous. The sound is just awesome.

I will admit, Axl Rose is a bit of a screwball. However, his lyrics were still written very well and had a lot of meaning behind them. He wrote about things he knew about, drugs, alcohol, and women. I especially like the lyrics of Sweet Child O' Mine. Though his voice may not be a perfect example of what is great about rock, I still love it.

This an awesome album to have. My favourite songs are "Welcome to the Jungle", "Nightrain", "Paradise City", "My Michelle", "Sweet Child O' Mine", and "Rocket Queen". If it was lost I would surely buy it again. This was the greatest album of 1987 and will go down in history as a one of the best I am sure.