Appetite for Destruction review by Guns N' Roses

• Released: Oct 27, 1987
Guns N' Roses: Appetite for Destruction

From shred to crashing hard rock epics to sweet and slow (but still rockin') ballads, Appetite For Destruction redefined what was metal when it was dominated by upbeat hair and glam rock (I.e. Poison) in the 80's. Appetite is covered with Axl's booming and unique singing followed by loud drums, powerful bass riffs, awesome rythym guitar, and (of course), Slash's raging solos (check out Sweet Child O' Mine for one of the greatest opening riffs and solo).

Many of Appetite's lyrics are metaphorical and some obvious of their true meaning, but they were a bit simple (some cocky) but they were great none the less. My favorite lyrics off this album were Welcome To The Jungle, they were about something a lot of people have been through (I.e. mainly moving away from home to a big city of some sort) and they were written in a beautifully metaphorical way.

To the beginning with the classic opening of Welcome To The Jungle to the last word from Axl in Rocket Queen, Appetite For Destruction is one of the greatest albums of all time, and definately my favorite.