Appetite for Destruction review by Guns N' Roses

• Released: Oct 27, 1987
Guns N' Roses: Appetite for Destruction

This thing effing rules this is a perfect mix of thrash punk and blues-rock and the guitars are amazing. slash's riffs and solos are great and Izzy's loose powerful rhythm keep gives Slash a great background to solo over. Of course Duff n' Steven are a driving rhythm section and Axl, well Axl shows he's a bonafide rock n roll screamer!

The lyrics are really cool I like the way Axl sings about sex, drugs and booze however he shows it as the dirty underbelly of LA unlike other pussy hair metal bands ala Poison, Motley Crue. Just like the music the lyrics are pure aggresion but some songs do have more sensitive lyrics e.g. Sweet Child O' Mine and Think About You. As stated above Axl's voice is great.

I do not think it would be compared to other bands of the eighties because it's really unique and dirty but I reckon it can compare to Aerosmith's rocks which is nother great album. The best songs are pretty much all of them so thats perfect to. In the worst case scenario of someone stealing it I'd go up to them and show them a new definition of pain and suiffering and again it get a 5.