Appetite for Destruction review by Guns N' Roses

• Released: Oct 27, 1987
Guns N' Roses: Appetite for Destruction

Raw, bluesy, rocks, edgy, honest, sloppy, great! There the best selling debut album ever, 9000 copies per day still. There go out and buy it! I could end the review there but I won't. There ain't no story, well the whole records a story of drugs, sex and rock 'n' roll. Oh and the police out ta get Axl. Izzy's rhythm seems sloppy, raw and sounds great, Duff's bass is limber and holding the songs together, Steven's drums are great (he seems to like his cowbell), Slash's guitar parts are remarkable, I really can't describe the sound - it's almost different on each song. Oh wait I missed out WAR, if Freddie Mercury had sang these songs they would be s--t! Axl rules his unique vocal are perfect on this album.

The lyrics suit each song perfectly. With songs such as Welcome To The Jungle (about arriving in the city for the first time), the lyrics are true and his vocal style suits it perfectly (going through the whole album his vocals get better in each song as if he is trying to show you a journey or something). Then there's It's So Easy (Axl shows off his extensive vocal range, yes it is him singing the verses), Nightrain (a song about beer, hell yeah). Then there's the amazing Out Ta Get Me (that's how backing vocals should be done people), the famous Mr. Brownstone is up next (a song bout cocaine! Has that famous chorus too), Paradise City (it's about LA, you should have all heard it by now). The brilliant My Michelle is up next (it's about a druggie, and has some great lyrics in it). Think About You is another spectacular Izzy song the guys a genius! Then there's the famous Sweet Child O' Mine (a love poem at its best mixed with rocking guitar parts! Come on you know how good it is, the lyrics are suberb), then we move onto You're Crazy electric version (a great song, but not as great as the rest on the album, very bluesy too), Anything Goes is probably in my opinion the worse on the album (but it still rocks), then there Rocket Queen (a great finale, definetly my favourite of the album).

If someone stole it I would buy it again 10 times! I love everything, and there's honestly not much wrong with it, part from the odd song which isn't amazing as the rest. The cover art rocks too, check out the banned cover in the middle pages. This is rock at its very best, this guns at there best! Never again. Get it now!