Appetite for Destruction review by Guns N' Roses

• Released: Oct 27, 1987
Guns N' Roses: Appetite for Destruction

With all the contraversy and struggle it took to get this album released (or even made) it is amazing to me that it turned out as good as it did. Even though the oppening song is pretty annoying it is still one of their best. Slash's amazing vibrato guitar playing holds within it a style and substance that was sadly never repeated.

The talent of this multi-singing style lead singer is unlike no other I've ever heard before. His loud, harmony-filled voice was truely touching in Sweet Child O' Mine and the deep, grisled voice of his in Mr. Brownstone is a tad over the top. However, no one can deny his talents.

This album (with the exception of Welcome To The Jungle) does not have a bad song on it and is probable my favorite CD of all time. Nightrian still has me jumping around the room as I try to put the energy into it that Axl surely did and My Michelle is worth the price of the whole album. The edgyness and raw ability is untouchable, even if the lead singer was a complete asswipe. No matter how many times I lose it I'll but it over and over again. Classic!