Appetite for Destruction review by Guns N' Roses

• Released: Oct 27, 1987
Guns N' Roses: Appetite for Destruction

This is a classic '80s punk/metal albm. This album is still the best selling album up to date and for a good reason. From Slash's insane solos to Axl's raunchy, larynx shredding vocals, this album arguably the greatest punk rock album to have come out in the '80s. The guitar work in this album is unbelievable. Slash and Izzy Stradlin are a force to be reckoned with. With Welcome to the Jungle and Sweet Child O' Mine, they can sound heavy and agressive, while being able to play rock ballads. Also people don't give enough credit to My Michelle. It's a great song, with great guitar work.

Within about an hour or so after you get addicted to the album, you'll be singing along with Axl on tracks like Paradise City. The lyrics in this album are unforgetable. Welcome to the Jungle's famous bridge combined with the guitar work really pulls you in. Axl's screeching vocals perfectly compliment tracks such as My Michelle. All in all, Axl Rose is a lyrical/vocal genius.

This album will always be my favorite album. Compared to some of the other '80s metal bands out there, they are nothing compared to Guns N' Roses. All songs in this album are great and although, the highlight tracks you are Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City, and Sweet Child O' Mine. My favorite song is My Michelle. I love everything about the album and how it truly shows what a classic '80s rock and roll band is about.

Baz1211991
    i piss on indie wrote: without doubt the best album ever made by any band
    a great quote of our time