Appetite for Destruction review by Guns N' Roses

• Released: Oct 27, 1987
Guns N' Roses: Appetite for Destruction

Guns N' Roses give a distinct sound of late '80s metal. A famous band worldwide, this, their debute gave them the status they have rightfully claimed. The sound is agressive in most parts and reflects the moods and experiences of the band at the time. Easily one of my favourite albums of all time this is a rock classic.

Lyrically it has deep meaning to the bands life experiences and feelings. I have read a book on the band called "Guns N' Roses: the band that time forgot" and it explains most of the songs meanings, from drug & alcohol abuse to sex, love & women. If you listen deep to the lyrics you can understand them, they are usualy pretty clear in relation to the song. Axl has a great singing voice and it gives the songs such power adding more to the metal feel. His vocal skills are memorable to everyone from the hit Sweet Child Of Mine & the rest of the album does not dissapoint.

This album is deffinatly up there with the greats. It is a classic and usualy classed as their best album. They changed their style along the way so to many this is the pinnicle of their sound. The most impressive song is too hard to choose as they all great but mr brownstone is possibly up there. If this album was stolen or lost I'd probably break down and cry due to the memories and influence it has had on me. This is a must by album for guitar players and music freeks everywere. An insperation to all.

Baz1211991
    Modernmusich8er wrote: yes it is, it's their only good one
    use your illusion I+II are amazing! spaghetti incident was kinda crap, after all it was just covers. lies is excellent aswell, their acoustic side is just as good