Appetite for Destruction review by Guns N' Roses

• Released: Oct 27, 1987
Guns N' Roses: Appetite for Destruction

I'd never even heard of GNR until I found the CD in my dad's case. I borrowed it for a while and listened to it constantly. I had a few favorites that I downloaded to my iTunes and my iPod. I love this album. It sounds great-better than most of these new band's records today. I know something wierd about two songs on the CD Paradise City and Sweet Child O' Mine. Paradise City was made up by the band on the way back from a gig before the CD was released. They expanded on the idea and there you have it. Sweet Child O' Mine is one of my favorites. From what I read, Slash, one of the guitarists was messing around one day. While he was playing, Izzy joined in while Slash was playing. Axl was upstairs and wrote down some lyrics. The result is a great song!

Lyrics? Pretty good. The lyrics and music just click. I especially liked the ones to Out Ta Get Me. I feel like the world's out to screw me over everyday anyways. It's like a life story to me. That's basicly is all I have to say on that subject besides that Axl did a great job singing.

I loved the CD. The lyrics go great with the sound. I also got my friend into it. I didn't like all the songs, but I liked over half the album. My favorites were Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Nightrain, Out Ta Get Me, Mr. Brownstone, Paradise City, and Sweet Child O' Mine. It is, in my opinion, the best GN'R album. If it was lost or stolen? I wouldn't have to buy another because I have the whole album on my iTunes. If I didn't though, I'd be down at the store in line with another copy in my hand. Both the sound and lyrics were near perfection-can't do no better unless you was God or something.

Silas Thompson
    It stinks they broke up. They rocked. I don't listen or care about the new Guns. Now I'm into Velvet Revolver, but I still listen to everything up to 1991. After that they fell apart. I'm working on an album tab for Appetite. P.S. It Fuckin' ROcks
    kfong03
    to Skadge_101, no it's not true, the only ones u can buy out there are still/only the originals slash pwns, definitely no. 2/3/4 if there was a top 10 rock guitarists of all-time thing. no prizes for guessing who's first...