Appetite for Destruction review by Guns N' Roses

• Released: Oct 27, 1987
Guns N' Roses: Appetite for Destruction

The band has one of the most entertaining and addictive sounds ever in the history of rock. Slash delivers very skilled technique to the songs. Axl Rose's dynamic voice is key to the album and so are his unique lyrics. Appetite is the signature album for the band including their hits "Sweet Child O' Mine", "Welcome to the Jungle", and "Paradise City". The album was influenced by many well known rock bands such as Aerosmith. This is definitely the best Guns N Roses album and one of the best debut albums of all time.

The lyrics leave a huge impression on the listener. They are delivered terrificly and with tons of emotion. The lyrics and music go together like PB and J. The lead singer, Axl Rose, has possibly the most unique voice in rock history. He has a very impressive voice range and can sing with lots of emotion. Axl has one of the most outstanding sounding voices that he has become known throughout rock lovers. The lyrics are also very interesting and change throughout the album in many styles.

This album compares very well to other albums. Besides the fact that it is the best by GN'R, it has almost no bad songs and no terrible songs. The album is filled with great riffs and memorable tunes. The most impressive songs on the album are "Nightrain", "Sweet Child O' Mine", "Welcome to the Jungle", and "Paradise City". The way the progression works throughout the songs is captivating. These signature songs are have some of the most memorable riffs of all time. I love the consistency with the great music quality. The plentiful guitar solo's are always either melodic, outstanding, or skillful if not all at the same time. I only dislike one song on the album called "My Michelle" which has a repetitive, different sounding structure compared to the other tracks. If this album were taken form me I would, without a doubt, buy another one.

tekee007
    slash is overrated and how is gnr heavy metal? i laughed my ass off when i saw that