Chinese Democracy review by Guns N' Roses

• Released: Nov 23, 2008
Guns N' Roses: Chinese Democracy

The new GNR should be treated as a totally different band. If you listen to Chinese Democracy with that approach, this album is pretty damn good. The sound ranges from computerized mega-distorted guitar to classical spainish/flamenco. I really think Axl, Buckethead and whoever else he happens to feel like having behind him for the time being, mad a pretty damn good album. I took away a few points for the Pro Tools, at least get a drummer, man!

Not as many kickass lyrics like Welcome to the Jungle and Shotgun Blues but this album minus a few songs is made up of power ballads. (the only swear word is in Riad n the Bedouins ("I don't give a F*** about them") All the lyrics are pretty much break up songs except for songs like Shacklers Revenge Chinese Democracy Scraped and Riad N The Bedouins. My favorite is probably "SO bittersweet this tradgedy, won't ask for absolution, this melody inside of me still searches for solution" from Better (arguably the best song on the album).

Comparable to Nine Inch Nails (probably because of Robin Fink), this album is awesome and definatly worth the money. I like the difference in the tracks, especially from Shackler's Revenge to Street of Dreams, Chinese Democracy to This I Love. I really can't decide on the best tracks because they are all pretty good. If mine got lost I would DEFINATELY go get another one (though it's already on iTunes). Nice job, Axl and Co., but try to make the next one just a little bit faster (and with a real drummer on all the tracks). By the way, Anyone know what happened to the Dr. Pepper thing?