GN'R Lies review by Guns N' Roses

• Released: Jan 1, 1988
Guns N' Roses: GN'R Lies

This album seems to be split into two GNR styles. There is a raw attitude that they announce with the first four tracks taken from LIve Like a Suicide. Many have not neard these songs but I recommend them as a starter and a lead into the style of GNR. The songs are flashy and quick with outrageous guitar licks. Although Axl sings with a noticeable nasal sound he puts great enthusiasm in his words. The second half is a change of sound but not of any less quality. Perhaps the best song is One in A Million, a much antagonized song but catchy all the same. With four songs done accoustically, GNR shows us the versatility of Slash, Duff, and Izzy.

Axl is a genious thats all. He may be remembered in the annals of Rock N Roll for his voice, which is clearly his trademark, but he should also be scrutinized for his lyrics. They are deep in all his songs but I think he dug done into his soul to create the songs on Lies.He is brutally honest and speaks his mind. He shows us a bold point of view with absolutely no regret.

AMAZING. Buy it and you will know what I am talking about. The tragic saga of the greatest rock band to come out of the eighties, and perhaps the saviors of modern music, Guns N Roses shows brilliance in eight unforgettable songs. They scratch the surface of a bright future before their catastrophic debacle.