GN'R Lies review by Guns N' Roses

• Released: Jan 1, 1988
Guns N' Roses: GN'R Lies

Sound on this album is very good. The first 4 tracks are live (though rumors say that these tracks are "fake live," but still sound good. If I remember correctly only one of these tracks are original GN'R material. The last 4 are acoustic, and the sound comes out great.

Lyrics I thought were very good. The song One In A Million has caused a lot of resentment due to it's racial lyrics, but that being said the song is very good. The other songs are extremely good, from Patience, to the acoustic and original version of You're Crazy (sped-up electric version can be found on Appetite For Destruction), to the altogether funny of I Used To Lover Her.

This is the 2nd of 4 albums from Guns N' Roses, after Appetite and Before the Illusion albums (I'm ignoring the Spaghetti Incident). Not their best album, but I love the acoustic songs, something you won't find on the other albums. My favourite is probably Patience, in my opinion one of thier best songs. The live tracks don't measure up to the acoustic (or to any songs off other albums except for the crap of My World), but it's worth the listen every once in a while. I got this album for $9 Canadian and would definitly buy it again should anything happen to it.