GN'R Lies review by Guns N' Roses

• Released: Jan 1, 1988
Guns N' Roses: GN'R Lies

The first half of the album is before appetite for destruction so the sound I pretty much raw and in your face, and the second half is very much softer since its acoustic, but it still manage to cling onto that rawness, with one in a million and you're crazy.

The first few songs are about leaving home and going into the big city, and joining a big old rock N'roll band. Axl sings these well, I cant imagine anyone else singing them really. Patience is a lovely ballet sang beutifully by axl and with some great lyrics. Used To Love Her is well written joke song as is one in a million, key word there joke, well One In A Million isn't but you need to look at the deeper meaning. You're Crazy is performed acoustically really well too.

01. Reckless Life - gotta have one of the best intros ever "Hey f--kers suck on Guns N' f--king Roses." Then leads into axls high voice, has catchy and simple chorus, and sounds very raw. 02. Nice Boys - I love this song one of my favourite on the album. Is typical sounding guns and another great memorable chorus. 03. Move To The City - very typical Guns, sounds like it could have gone on Appetite. 04. Mama Kin - a great cover and another great intro "This is a song about your f--king mother." 05. Patience - a lovely ballet, A reason to buy this album! This song is amazing, axl sings it perfectly. 06. Used To Love Her - a Great song with a great bluesy solo and some great comical lyrics. 07. You're Crazy - I love this verison perhaps more than the electric version. 08. One In A Million - the famous song, nothing really special apart from the lyrics. A great little filler album, which definetly deserves a place in your CD collection!

SlashIsGod091
    about a dog??? god your an idiot! anybody who has the Live Ere cd's knows that on the live version of it axl says about how they write all their songs based on an element of truth. and he said that this is liek the only song that they wrote out of kinda liek fantasy and a joke. he says its kind of a sick subject but sometimes ya htink about it whne your girlfriends is bein a pain in the ****ing ***. then he says this is call "i used to love her" a dog, lol, what a moron!
    dig up my date
    dude the guy in the first review said Used To Love Her was about killing our girlfriend and actually its about his dog u idiot