GN'R Lies review by Guns N' Roses

• Released: Jan 1, 1988
Guns N' Roses: GN'R Lies

This is a great album by a great band. They used some good songs they played before they became big, and used a fake audience to make it sound live, which was a pretty cool idea to mix up the EP. In my opinion, the second half was the best. A major misconception of this album is that Patience is the best song and that it's the only thing worth listening to. I Used to Love Her is a very repetitive and fun song to play, and it's very simple and easy to listen to. Patience is calm and slow, and I'll admit it's good, but it's definitely not the best. The unplugged version of Your Crazy is very good, probably as good or better than the one on Appetite for Destruction. One in a Million, however, is my favorite. People may say it's racist or homophobic, but who really cares? I see so many black rappers out there, unbelievably racist, and no one cares. Axl is doing nothing more than the common rapper does today, and if no one cares about 50 Cent or whatever his name is, then why does Axl have to deal with all the media crap? Really, that songs is one of the greatest songs GN'R ever wrote, and it deserves more than what has happened.

Axl is the greatest frontman to ever live and he's never been afraid to show it. Appetite for Destruction's screaching lyrics to the calmer, softer Patience. He can do it all. He'll never be forgotten, and even 20 years later, he can rip away at Chinese Democracy like he's 20 years old again.

This entire album was truly amazing. Just because Axl says the "N" word or "F" word or whatever, doesn't mean it needs to be ignored. One in a Million is an awesome song, so is Patience and Used To Love Her. Although the older songs aren't that great, I think the unplugged half of the album outweighs the bad, so it's definitely a 10. Even if you are new to GN'R, don't be afraid to get this album, but I would suggest Appetite for Destruction or Use Your Illusion albums first. But if you still want this album, listen to One In A Million and Patience first. No one can be disappointed, especially with One In A Million.