GN'R Lies review by Guns N' Roses

• Released: Jan 1, 1988
Guns N' Roses: GN'R Lies

This is the 1988 stop-gap EP after Appetite For Destruction. The first 4 tracks are from "Live like a suicide" and the last 4 are acoustic. it's classic GN'R sound really. awesome guitars, Axl's amazing wails and fierce drums and bass. The first four songs aren't actually live, they were recorded in a studio, with the live effects added after. In one word: awesome.

Apart from the 2 covers ("Nice Boys" and "Mama Kin") the lyrics are largely based on the life and times of Axl Rose himself. From being harassed by people in the train station ("One In A Million") to moving to the city, they are pretty good. The music and lyrics fit perfectly, and Axl rose has to be my favourite singer, as he's so versatile and generally kick ass.

I think this is one of the GNR under rated albums. the first 4 tracks are good, and the last 4 are freakin' sweet. Best songs are Mama Kin, Used To Love Her, You're Crazy and of course One In A Million. I love more or less everything about it. The version of "You're Crazy" nails the electric version, because it's kinda funky. If it were stolen, I'd hunt down the guy who nicked it, take it back and kill him, and then bury him in my back yard, because I'd be happier than way.

EncoreProducer
    GUNZ 'N' ROSES
    dig up my date wrote: dude the guy in the first review said Used To Love Her was about killing our girlfriend and actually its about his dog u idiot actually it is about killing your girlfreind, axl's said it but it was the first song they wrote as a complete joke POSTED: 03/12/2007 - 10:49 am / quote | AMEN to that brother
    GUNZ 'N' ROSES
    SlashIsGod091 wrote: about a dog??? god your an idiot! anybody who has the Live Ere cd's knows that on the live version of it axl says about how they write all their songs based on an element of truth. and he said that this is liek the only song that they wrote out of kinda liek fantasy and a joke. he says its kind of a sick subject but sometimes ya htink about it whne your girlfriends is bein a pain in the ****ing ***. then he says this is call "i used to love her" a dog, lol, what a moron!
    AMen To that Again this guy know his shit! listen to the song!
    GNRkixass
    people are so stupid... one in a million isthe best song on the album and **** anyone who doesnt like it cause of some inappropriate lyrics... Of course they're inapropriate! I believe the 2nd song on the album says NICE BOYS DON'T PLAY ROCK N ROLL. If they were nice boys, the song would be about ponies.
    Inigo1
    maybe your grey hound could be my way (or whatever he sings)... then it goes, never heard the first word he said (police ), but I sure catched the next part and I was like: WTF?!!!! . Then after some serious listning many times, over and over and over again, I came to the conclution that the song is kind of a joke, wanna-be-written-about, get-your-eyes-on-me,-couse'-we-need-the-publisity song. Or at least, that is what I want it to be. Maybe Axl just wanted to show how he felt when he came to the big city, or reflect what a youngster from the country would fell like entering "the Jungle". who knows, who cares. I close my eyes and put on Mr.Brownstone, and it's all gone!