GN'R Lies review by Guns N' Roses

• Released: Jan 1, 1988
Guns N' Roses: GN'R Lies

First off, this is a very good album. Came out in the late 80's when they were all on top of their game. Not totally a studio album, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing. The sound is normal kick-butt GN'R sound, with the addition to some awsome acoustic pieces. Definetly worth buying and listening to. The first 4 songs are all recorded live. The last are studio recorded. 01.Reckless Life: the starter to it all, and also a live track, it is pretty good song, but not the best on the album. Fast song, great for getting you started on the album. 02.Nice Boys: a cover song, pretty good, but I wish they would have picked a different song to do a cover with, because I don't like the song. Their playing is all good, it is just the song I don't like. 03.Move To The City: awesome riff first starts it off, one of the better songs on they album. They did a good job on this one. 04.Mama Kin: originally by Aerosmith, this is the best live song I have heard by them. I love this song. Very catchy, and eaily one of the best on the album. Great closer to the live songs on GN'R Lies. 05.Patience: the most known song off the album, probaly because it is pretty darn good. First acoustic song one the album, starts with Axl whistling with guitars, and gets harder at the end. Great song, first one I heard before I got the album. 06.Used To Love Her: the faster song of the acoustic songs, and to me, one of the weakest songs on the album. The song does't really apeal to me, but that might change. The sound of the song is good, though. 07.You're Crazy: originally on Appetite For Destruction, it is a VERY good song. I love this song also. Axl sounds great on this song. The guitars riffs are good too. They must have known it was good if they wanted it on 2 albums. 08.One In A Million: the perfect ender to this album. This is my favorite acoustic song. It has had some controversy, but it is my favorite. One of the best GN'R songs.

I thought that the singing and lyrics were great on this album, but Used to Lover Her holds me back a little on this one. I just don't like the lyrics for that one that much, but the others, great. To me, I love Axls singing. He may no be a good "singer" to some people, because he might not know all the octaves or whatever, but he fits this music so perfectly it's not even funny. I couldn't imagine anybody else as the singer for Guns N Roses. Hopefully, we will never have to see that happen.

If you like any Guns N' Roses, get this. All it is is a shorter Appetite For Destruction, but with more acoustic songs, which was mostly the point of this album. My favorite song from the live songs was Mama Kin, and from the acoustic songs was One In A Million. I love the song choices, and instrument choices, and the sound of the album. Don't really hate anything about it. If it was stolen, I would buy it again.

epifitree99
    but its sad that appetite didn't get any real reconistion untill a few years latter