Greatest Hits review by Guns N' Roses

• Released: Mar 23, 2004
Guns N' Roses: Greatest Hits

The sound of this album is so great. I was not a very hardcore GNR fan but after I bought this album that changed. I now know why GNR are such a respected band. I like the hardeness of Welcome to the Jungle, especially the intro. I also love the innovative sounds of Paradice City (my favorite), Sweet Child O' Mine, You could be mine. So rad. If your a heavy metal fan dont buy it but if you love hard rock from the 80's this is a must have.

I like the way this guys put a nice game of words in this album. While some songs have a reckless desire for fun and (Welcome to the Jungle, Paradice City,Live and Let Die) others have very thoughtful lyrics worthy of being called a masterpiece (Civil War, November Rain, Patience). I like Axl's voice. Even though he has not the sweetest voice in the world, his screechy yet meaningful and unique voice it's the perfect partner for Slash's master guitar work. Slash is the best guitar player ever, after Hendrix, in my opinion.

So it's basically this: 01. Welcome To The Jungle 5 out of 5. Easyly, the greatest intro song 4 any album. 02. Sweet Child O' Mine 5 out of 5. Their greatest hit. The greatest guitar work of all time. 03. Patience 4 out of 5. Great acoustic song. Got a 4 because sometimes I don't feel like hearing it. 04. Paradice City 5 out of 5. My favorite song of this album. So many excellent guitar solos in an excellent 6 minute and 46 seconds symphony. 05. Knockin' On Heaven's Door 5 out of 5: 1 of the greatest covers I've ever heard. Excellent song. 06. Civil War:5 Out Of 5 Easily, the most meaningful song in the album. Civil war is described in a very powerful way. 1 of the best lyrics I've ever heard. 07. You Could Be Mine 5 out of 5: Another excellent song. Love the intro, love the lyrics, love the song. 08. Don't Cry (original) 5 out of 5. An excellent love song, only toppled by Sweet Child O' Mine. Love the distortion at the ending. 09. November Rain 5 out of 5.Another masterpiece. ... "everybody needs sometime on their own". Simply love the lyrics. 10. Live And Let Die 4 out of 5. Great guitar work. Nice but not 1 of my favs. 11. Yesterdays 4.5 out of 5. This 1 is great. Love the way Axl says "Yesterdays" while accompanying Slash's guitar work. 12. Ain't It Fun 3.5 out of 5. Good but a little meaningless. Worth hearing though. 13. Since I Don't Have You 3.5 out of 5. Good song but only great when your with your girl. Nice love song. 14. Sympathy For The Devil 2 out of 5. The only song I don't like from them. But doesn't affect the album at all. This album is worth every cent. I just regret not buying it before that I did. I would buy it again or I would burn it if it was stolen. I love every inch of it except the track 14.