Greatest Hits review by Guns N' Roses

• Released: Mar 23, 2004
Guns N' Roses: Greatest Hits

This maybe GN'R's Greatest Hits CD, but is is not the greatest hits. True, it does have the classics such as Welcome To The Jungle, Sweet Child O' Mine, Paradise City, Knockin' On Heaven's Door and Don't Cry, but what about Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone and Estranged? All in all though, it does contain all of the essentials from GN'R. The sound is awesome, but, what else could you expect from GNR in their prime? Damn awesome!

Axl Rose is truly one of the most unique voices ever. His whiney yet powerful voice is world-renowned. Spitting out lyrics about sex, drugs and apathy, the sound of his voice fits perfectly with Slash's amazing guitar riffs.

A short summary of all the songs: 01. Welcome To The Jungle - awesome intro. One of their best. 02. Sweet Child O' Mine - their greatest and the greatest guitar performance of all time. 03. Patience - good acoustic but something you wouldn't always want to listen to. 04. Paradise City - great guitar riffs, great chorus. 05. Knockin' On Heaven's Door - good song. It was the intro that caught me at first. 06. Civil War - anti-war song with more than excellent lyrics. 07. You Could Be Mine - GN'R back to it's bluesy hard rock base. I love the guitar riffs. 08. Don't Cry - one of their best for me. 09. November Rain - a great epic which doesn't feel 8 minutes long because the great solos. I liked the part at the end. 10. Live And Let Die - not one of my favorites, but still good. 11. Yesterdays - just ok. 12. Ain't It Fun - didn't like it that much. Couldn't understand anything they said. 13. Since I Don't Have You - I think they were trying too much. This is isn't the GN'R we all know and love. 14. Sympathy For The Devil - Rolling Stones cover. All in all, this was a pretty good cd although they missed out on some chart-topping hits like Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone and My Michelle. If it got stolen, I'd definitely buy it again.

classicslash888
    this cd is awesome but it could have definately been better. GN'R definately had much better hits than some of these songs but its all right i guess.