Greatest Hits review by Guns N' Roses

• Released: Mar 23, 2004
Guns N' Roses: Greatest Hits

I got this CD off a kid at school for my Pizza Pops. It's also the CD that first got me into GN'R. As the title might suggest, this a collection of some their most popular songs, mostly their ballads (such as November Rain and Patience), with only a couple straight up rock songs, like their most well known song, Welcome To The Jungle, and the timeless classic, Paradise City. There are 14 songs in total, from all their full length albums, and the never-before-seen-on-a-GNR-album Rolling Stone cover, "Sympathy For The Devil" All the songs are great, but there are a few other songs I would've liked to have seen on this CD, but hey, these are the songs that got the radio play, so don't expect any sex or drugs.

Like I mentioned eariler, most of these songs are ballads, but luckily, Axl is the master writer of ballads, so all these songs are wonderfully written (perhaps I should also mention that many of the songs of covers, but they're covers of timeless songs, like Knockin' On Heaven's Door). Axl is one of the best rock singers ever. So no complaints here.

Overall, I'd say if you were looking for a great album filled with great rock ballads, look no further. However, if you are first looking to get into GN'R, I'd say get Appetite For Destruction first, It's one of the best rock albums ever, and get Use Your Illusion II while your at it. But if your just a casual GN'R fan, this is the album to pick up. My favorite songs on the album are "Knockin' On Heaven's Door," "Paradise City," "Sweet Child O' Mine" and "November Rain." If It were lost or stolen, I probably would'nt get it again, since the album is already ripped to my PC.

KingABX345
    yeah ain' it fun is such a great song but i agree wit classicclash888 it could of had better songs on it but over all it was an amazing cd
    drcool1
    i think it shudav had coma and estranged maybe some other random afd songs, other then that its about set
    ninja3
    I don think this album ever should of came out....there actual albums are all only like $9.99 each and there is only 5 of them, so just get those instead. The only thing they should have done(and is still questionable) is remaster the actual albums.