Greatest Hits review by Guns N' Roses

• Released: Mar 23, 2004
Guns N' Roses: Greatest Hits

I really like this album because it's such an amazing example of the sounds and styles Guns N' Roses have covered over the years of playing together. From the fun, heavy rock songs like Welcome to the Jungle and Paradise City to the amazingly well thought-out and beautifully sounding ballads like November Rain and Don't Cry, the album has it all. Well, almost anyways. This album needs two songs: Nightrain and Rocket Queen. This is, after all a Greatest Hits album and those two songs greatly reflect the musical genius and origniality of Guns N' Roses, so putting them in place of two of the five cover songs on the album would have been a little better. Other than that, amazing album.

As we all know, the band Guns N' Roses has a lot of musical versatility. That's what makes them amazing: no matter what style, they do a great job of reflecting that style with their music and lyrics. That's what makes them amazing: they don't just play the music, they feel it. The lyrics of Civil War really make you think and listen; the crazy lyrics of Welcome to the Jungle and Paradise City are fun and exciting, and the lyrics of all of the ballads on the album are emotional and moving. 10 out of 10; Guns N' Roses write amazing lyrics.

It's hard to say how it compares to their other albums because it's a compilation of songs from each album. I would have to say that it's a good mix, though they should have included one or two more heavy songs like Rocket Queen. The most impressive songs are either Civil War or November Rain. The most fun songs to listen to are Welcome to the Jungle and Paradise City (cliche, I know). I would definitely rebuy this album if it were lost.