Greatest Hits review by Guns N' Roses

• Released: Mar 23, 2004
Guns N' Roses: Greatest Hits

My first impression of Guns n' Roses at first was "the lead singer sounds like a girl". Over time, I've grown to love Axl's unigue voice and I've always loved the original band's sound! I love every single song on the album... they're heavy rock/metal sound is classic and will always be remembered. Slash has a solo in practically every song and just shreds the strings in such great style. This is my favorite Guns n' Roses album! It's great to have their best songs all on one CD!

Like I said before, Axl caught me off guard at first with his unique, high pitched voice. I personally think it's a great style and blends well with the music. The lyrics in their songs don't always make sense, since half the time they wrote this stuff they were loaded on who knows what. The song that I think has the best lyrics and a great political statement is "civil war". It's a very powerful song about the brutality of war and corupt leaders. The lyrics go well with the music style and Axl is a great singer!

I can't compare these guys to anyone in particular, mostly because they have a lead singer with such a unique voice and a guitarist who plays his guitar tuned half a step down all of the time. They are obviouslly rock/metal legends because of this. I think some of their best songs are 'Sweet Child o' Mine', 'Civil War', 'Knockin' on Heaven's Door' and especially 'November Rain' which utilizes an orchestra in the backround. During the time this song was released, an orchestra in a rock song hadn't been done to much and suddenlly became cool. I love the solos Slash dulls out in every single one of their songs and the guitar riffs are incredible as well. Guitarists should strive to play as great as Slash. If it were stolen, damaged, or lost I would buy it again in the blink of an eye. A must have for any Guns n' Roses fan around the world!

theotherguy7145
    rinestone wrote: Baz1211991 wrote: Right this is a sort of 'best of' obviously but 5 songs are covers. estranged, rocket queen, night train, used to love her, pretty tied up etc. poor song selection. half of it isnt even gnr. Ok wtf is wrong with u? All of those are completely kickass songs ALL written by GNR... anyway a few songs missing from the album... don't think these songs were chosen by GNR themselves otherwise it would be a completely different album
    The only songs on that 'Greatest Hits' collection were - Knockin' on Heavens Door - Live and Let Die - Aint It Fun - Since I don't have you And - Sympathy For The Devil. woah. 5/14 is quite alot! But all of them rock, and GnR made them their own. Its not as if they've made em identical to the original
    Smithsc
    I agree with the first reviewer, there are many great songs left out. My Michelle for one!