Live At The Ritz [DVD] review by Guns N' Roses

• Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 9
Guns N' Roses: Live At The Ritz [DVD]

Being one of the smaller gigs that Guns N' Roses played on the Appetite For Destruction tour it isnt as great sounding in the first couple of songs but you do get used to it and eventually begin to enjoy the concert as a whole. Because the concert was originally recored for MTV the concert it does sensor out a few of the words in a couple of the songs. Axl's voice sounds graet as he bursts out lyrics to the Appetite For Destruction album. Slash's guitaring is possibly the best that I have ever seen him play for GN'R. It's good to see the original band as a whole with Izzy and Stephen playing their hearts out for the show.

Content — 8
There are a few different versions of this concert on DVD. I have the version where the band plays up to the end of Welcome To The Jungle and then it stops. Even though there are no special features on the DVD it is an impressive buy. The setlist of the show is: 01. It's So Easy 02. Mr. Brownstone 03. Out Ta Get Me 04. Sweet Child O' Mine 05. My Michelle 06. Knockin' On Heavens Door 07. Welcome To The Jungle Even though the setlist here is short I I favour this Guns N Roses DVD because of it really does show you what a great live band Guns N Roses were. Axl has conversations with the audience and the bands effort of commitment in their playing is reflected by the audiences feedback to the band. The DVD does actually make you feel that you are part of the performance which is why I favour it so much.

Production Quality — 9
As the concert was filmed for MTV it always has focus on the band. There are close ups and many angles of which the camera goes from to make the band stand out. However, the only thing it doesn't do is really bring any attention to the audience. This is probobly the only disappointing factor of the DVD.

As it was the Appetite fror Destruction tour that this was filmed for it really gave you the fascination that was the original Guns N' Roses line up. This is possibly the best live performance DVD that I own. The band play the songs on it almost as if they were actually on record. And to be honest, I've always thought that Guns N' Roses were more of a live performance band rather than a Video band. This DVD clearly portrays the bands abilities and shows this well.

GrandeAcure
    adydas78 wrote: is this released comercially? I cannot find originals, only copies Can asomeone advise, please? Thanks
    God, it's not like you're gonna go to jail. I downloaded it from Ares, it has all the songs except Mama Kin.
    Caseyizzle
    IMO this was GNR at their finest, original members, axel's voice is outstanding, slash's and izzy = great chemistry and steven adler amazing...
    jslusser
    was a good show.although rocket queen was one of the best parts.ill pass on buying it and just watch my original vhs copy off mtv from back in the day
    Langerz1991
    giginthesky wrote: Is this the one where MTV got the live version of Knockin on Heavens Door? I've been looking for that for years! I hope this is the one?
    i thinl the one your on about is off the use your illusion I & II vhs
    adydas78
    enginehead
    Theres a site called gnrasylum.com, it has DVD's and CD's of practicly every recorded performance of Guns N' Roses, you can get the full version there As for the show it does have a great atmosphere about it, but its kinda annoying when axl gets pulled of the stage in Paradise City and Rocket Queen lol
    adamshakermaker
    hew-jass wrote: adamshakermaker wrote: This is one of my favourite GNR shows, the one in the Roxy is better though! mine too btw where can i get a hold of the roxy show
    Just do a search and download it, check out this version of anything goes with the original lyrics...
    Engel22
    ive seen way better versions of this show. traders have the complete show, where as whats on that DVD is most likely the "MtV on air" broadcast. which is missing several songs
    giginthesky
    hew-jass
    ZniperBent wrote: Where can I get this DVD?? I am nor from the US, so I will probably have to buy in on the Internet.. Any help would make me a happy man/boy/dude/homie/whatever..
    i bought it on ebay but the one i've got's just a copy its still ace though =]
    hew-jass
    mine too btw where can i get a hold of the roxy show
    ZniperBent