Live Era '87-'93 review by Guns N' Roses

• Released: Nov 23, 1999
Guns N' Roses: Live Era '87-'93

I was wowed by this 2 CD set. This has everyone of GN'R's best hits of all time. What I find awesome about these songs are the fact that the are all live. It gives the songs a different feel than when they are just recorded in the studio. The way the are recorded, and if you turn up your stereo up all the way, it sounds like you are there in concert with them!

The lyrics are amazing of course, but the added live commentary that they use in between the songs at the concerts is awesome. The vocals are sick as always and they go excellently with the music. Axl is one of the best singers in history! The way he sings the lyrics, makes me want to go out and, well listen to all of their CD's for hours on end and then go and look up the tabs for them, and play them with the songs.

This is one of my favorite CDs! This is one the best CD ever! It is the best GN'R's CD and it crushes all the other artists and their CDs. If it were stolen: I would find the person that stole it; I would bet the crap out of them; if 1 & 2 don't work, I would go to the store and buy 2 of them, that way if one of them got stolen again, I could take the other one out of my underground bunker and listen to it.

reggie119
    On some of the tracks on live era Axl over dubs some vocal parts! you can tell easily because this album was released in 1999 nd all these songs were played live from 87' to 93' nd thats when Axl had a good voice. But on some tracks you can tell Axl over dubs the vocal parts because his voice his very very high pitched and it sounds weird. But now a days Axl's voice doesn't sound that great compared to back in the day!