Live Rarities [DVD] Review

artist: Guns N' Roses date: 02/23/2008 category: compact discs
Guns N' Roses: Live Rarities [DVD]
Release Date: 2007
Live Rarities is a selection of tracks recorded live by the band at the very peak of their powers, between 1988 & 1992, includes tracks performed at the MTV awards, Farm Aid concert and more, featuring 'Welcome To The Jungle', 'Free Fallin' and 'Live And Let Die'.
 Content: 5
 Production Quality: 5
 6.2
 6.3
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Live Rarities [DVD] Reviewed by: hew-jass, on february 23, 2008

Sound: There is a difference between the videos in the live performance videos on this DVD. The sound on the first song "Welcome To The Jungle" is amazing. Axl's voice sounds great and ther bands playing performance is amazing. Slash's guitaring is as good as ever and the song sounds almost as if it were the record. I was impressed.The few songs on the record that I felt the sound was a disappointment was Free Fallin' (with Tom Petty), Live And Let Die and Yesterdays. The greatest sound quality on the DVD was Patience which the whole band played clean. Slash didn't distort his guitar for the solo and it was impressive all in all. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, The DVD is a let down. But to add that it is an unauthorised DVD and does not relate to the artists. The DVD has its good points but I wouldn't rush to watch it again. Like I said, I would recommend other GN'R DVDs if you want to see the full quality that the band had to offer. // 7

Comments