The Spaghetti Incident? review by Guns N' Roses

• Released: Nov 23, 1993
Guns N' Roses: The Spaghetti Incident?

This album was a 'left over' from the "Use You Illusions" albums. I guess they would play these covers as a warm up to the recording sessions, and at the end of the tour they decided to record thier covers. The songs them selves do not sound like 'forced' and 'tired' covers, they definatly have a feeling of typical GN'R flair. The overall album has a blues feel, well other than the skreeching guitars!

Once again Duff and Axl shared the singing duties. They sounded great. Regarding the lyrics, these are covers that they are playing so you can't expect ground breaking lyrics, I mean how do you change 'Hair Of The Dog?'

"Do your self a favor and find the originals" - GN'R. They printed this on the inside of the Jacket. What I love about this album is that really none of these songs were ever 'major classics', unlike thier prevous covers where they covered 'Live And Let Die' and 'Knockin' On Heaven's Door'. Don't get me wronge the originals of these songs were good but none of them were long time chart toppers. It takes a while to get used to this album truely. But it grows on you more every time you listen to it.