The Spaghetti Incident? review by Guns N' Roses

• Released: Nov 23, 1993
Guns N' Roses: The Spaghetti Incident?

More of a punk album than anything else. It has a large variety of sloppy guitar riffs. This sounds nothing like use your illusion or Appetite. Most of the songs start with a hit hat and then go into a fast guitar riff that leads to a verse. Axl also screams more in this album. Duff Mackagan (might have spelled wrong) the bassist plays on a track called Attitude. It is a song that was composed by the misfits and then covered by Guns.

The lyrics are more swearing and screaming than any other guns album. To be serious songs like Buick Makaine, and I don't care about you have little or no meaning. I don't care about you is a song where Axl says some shit and then the chorus goes "I don't care about you." It doesn't even rhyme. The lyrics though fit this harder style of music they're playing.

It is better than the concert footage I've seen of Guns N' Roses upcoming Chinese Democracy song/album. It though is the worst of the old guns. It is more of a punk album. If you like punk good, but I like how they play in Appetite and Use your Illusion. It sounds better. If I lost it I wouldn't by it again. It just isn't that good overall. It has a few good songs like Attitude, Buick Makaine (ok), New Rose, and Ain't It Fun which is probably the best of all

Motley666
    Yeah "Attitude" is one of Duff's best songs next to "So Fine!" "I Don't Care About You" is pretty gnarly as well, but my favorite cover is "Sympathy For The Devil" which isn't on this album. Otherwise, pure hard GN"R sound!
    orange_juice
    seriously slashwannabe... guns n roses is amazing, but this particular album is a dud.
    eri.n
    I thought it was a great album, along with all the other ones. Guns n roses = AWESOME
    git-airman
    rock doesnt need to rhyme! anyway they arent guns songs! if you want to rhyme then listen to rap, like a wanker!
    Force Reaver
    This album and surprise anal rape sex have two things in common. They both come out of no where and make you wonder what the hell just happened after they are done.
    Inigo1
    SlashIsGod091
    This is a pretty good album. My favorite song on it is "Look At Your Game Girl" (originally by Charles Manson) Axl recorded it and put it on the album as a hidden track at the end of "I Don't Care About You" without telling the other band members about it, but it's still an awesome song/cover!
    jiggy low-ballz
    Nirvana's "Hair of the Dog"???? Are you on glue? This is a Nazareth song from the 70's. Anyway, an o.k. album that could have been so much better if they actually were all speaking to each other by this point. It is a picture of a band falling apart.
    JimMRocks
    Honestly Inigo1? Nirvana. You mean to tell me one of the greatest bands of all time would cover a song from one of the S***iest bands like Nirvana? Like jiggy low-ballz said, that's Nazareth bro. So lemme say, from the bottome of my heart, F*** YOU!!!
    SnookM
    SlashIsGod091 wrote: My favorite song on it is "Look At Your Game Girl" (originally by Charles Manson) Axl recorded it and put it on the album as a hidden track at the end of "I Don't Care About You" without telling the other band members about it, but it's still an awesome song/cover!
    I've been trying to find that song for soo long! It's amazing, just a shame you have to listen to I Don't Care About You to get to it
    hawkdude9
    Inigo1 wrote: dooooon't like this album (except for the cover of the old T.rex song Buick M. and Nirvanas(?) hair of the dog(!!!!), and of course Ain't it fun). the rest kind of, well, sucks =/
    its not nirvana its nazareth