Use Your Illusion I (World Tour 1992 In Tokyo) [DVD] review by Guns N' Roses

• Released: Oct 28, 2003
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 8
Guns N' Roses: Use Your Illusion I (World Tour 1992 In Tokyo) [DVD]

With all the instrument's almost perfect set up the sound was incredulous. I only have one criticism - I wish they had turned Duff's volume control up a bit! Apart from that the sound seemed as I say perfect. Axel's singing was spot on and Slash's solo's literaly took the breath away!

Content — 8
The band started off with a bang their first few songs. They kicked off with Nighttrain - all in all this song got 5/5 as they didn't miss a note and they played it just as well (if not better) as on the record. It was followed by Mr. Brownstone which was played just as well. Then they played Macartney's Live and Let Die which was played so brilliantly and full of vigor that the tune is still ringing in my head! So easy similarily was played to GN'R's full standars. The next tune Bad Obsession wasn't played quite as well as the previous 4 but still I would give it a 4/5. Then Duff takes the mike and then G n' R play 'Attitude' which (having never heard them play it before) was spectacular (5/5). Pretty tied up was ok but not that great (3/5) But Welcome to the Jungle was played brilliantly (5/5). However this is followed by 2 not so well played songs - 'Don't Cry' and 'double talking jive' which weren't so good (3/5). In civil war Axel goes through a quite ridiculus number of clothing changes but none the less it was played well (5/5). Wild Horses and Patience were ok. but nothing spectacullar (3/5). The final song 'November Rain' despite my hopes wasn't played that well - it seemed more of a classical piece than something from the Roses and is played a lot better than on the record but still Axel's piano playing was good (4/5). Unfortunatly the DVD is interjected with clips from interview's with band members - I don't no why they didn't just put them in a Special Features Section.

Production Quality — 8
The production is reasonably good qualities but doesn't really roam to see the audience's reaction much but none the less it is a good quality DVD.

I didn't think the DVD filming was that great (but then again I mostly only watch my AC/DC DVD which has a heli camara) but the sound was spot on. I also was a bit dissapointed at the consistency at which they played well. It seemed that they had played all their best songs at the begining of the evening or maybe they good a bit tired I don't know. But none the less it's a good DVD. And if you are a fan of Slash, Guns N' Roses or even Velvet Revolver I would advise you to buy this DVD.