Use Your Illusion I (World Tour 1992 In Tokyo) [DVD] review by Guns N' Roses

• Released: Oct 28, 2003
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 8
Guns N' Roses: Use Your Illusion I (World Tour 1992 In Tokyo) [DVD]

The sound crew done an awesome job at this gig, because the sound is great. Perfectly set up for the musical needs of Guns N' Roses. As for the DVD, the sound quality is awesome. Axl voice is outstanding on this performance, and the rhythm section of the band was great. With the addition of Slash's solo's and lead work, everybody attending was in for a show they'd never forget.

Content — 9
The setlist on this DVD is great. People who own it are always in for a good time when they watch this. The setlist was as follows: 01. Nightrain - amazing. For me, this was one of the best performances of this song that the band has played. Note-for-note perfect. Axl voice was great, and the solo's by Gilby and Slash were awesome. 02. Mr. Brownstone - a great performance of this song. I didn't like the start of the intro, when Slash was playing some stuff on a expression pedal (pretty sure it wasn't wah). But, the rest of the song rocked. The solo's were spot on, and again Axl's voice was excellent. 03. Live And Let Die - the gunners' performaned an awesome rendition of this Paul Mcartney classic. Axl's voice was at his best for this song, and the rhythm section of this song was great. 04. It's So Easy - one of my favourite songs of this performance, Axl's voice was amazing! He really hit the notes well. The rhythm section of this song was fine, and Slash's solo's were outstanding! He was running all other the place, and leaping accross the stage while playing the solo's. This was definately one of Slash's best performances of this solo he has done. 05. Bad Obession - another good performance of this song. Axl's voice and Slash lead's were good, and the rhythm deal was perfect. Top notch performance. 06. Attitude - this song Duff McKagen sang, and he was great. His voice really matched this song well. Lead + rhythm were perfect. Awesome performance. 07. Pretty Tied Up - wasn't the best song of the night, but they all done well with it. 08. Welcome To The Jungle - an epic performance! This was definately one of the highlights of the night. Everything was perfect in this song, nothing to fault with this. 09. Don't Cry - some good stuff with this song, some nice melodic lead work from Slash, and his solo was fantastic. Rhythm wise, this song was great. Axl's voice was good too. 10. Double Talkin' Jive - I didn't like this performance too much. Axl's voice could have been much better, and the rhythm section wasn't as good as it previously has been. The lead work was pretty good though. 11. Civil War - I loved this song. They all played this really well. Axl's voice was top notch, and the solo's were great. Rhythm section was good too. 12. Wild Horses/Patience - both these songs weren't too my liking. The whole band didn't really play these as well as they could of. The highlight of these was Axl's voice in patience, it was very good. 13. November Rain - this song was great. Some awesome piano + vocal work from Axl is this song. The rhythm was fine with the flutes, etc, and Slash's solo's were great. His tone was a bit down in the outro, but it was pretty much excellent. The DVD includes some band interviews in between songs, which gave us a breath of air from the rocking the band was giving.

Production Quality — 8
Nothing too big here. There isn't any special booklets or anything inside. The cover print was good, and the back was okay. The back cover contained images of the band around the setlist, which was in the middle. But there wasn't nothing too fancy here. the background was black, which was kind of boring, but apart from that, it was fine.

Overall, this was an excellent DVD. For me, this was one of the gunners' best live performances, and although they were without Izzy and Steven, the band still pulled off the Appetite era' songs just fine. This is definately a must have for big gunners' fans. If I ever had this stolen, I'd be straight down to my music store to pick up another one.

down n dirty
    idk wat any of u r talkin about the only thing that fell apart was axls voice for like patience n that was it everything else was 110% the whole time
    GNRkixass
    i mean i know its uyi but welcome to the jungle is on there and its not from uyi either
    Korzack
    So far as the band member interviews is concerned, this was all part of a VHS/Video run before the DVD reiussue. They did as much as they could to modernise it, but they're still working on a tape here - note by the quality if you watched it on a PC monitor- things like that.
    billyf93
    im watching this dvd now xD but honestly theres been much better gnr performances, id recomend buying another live ddvd eg live in paris