Use Your Illusion I (World Tour 1992 In Tokyo) [DVD] Review

artist: Guns N' Roses date: 01/20/2007 category: compact discs
Guns N' Roses: Use Your Illusion I (World Tour 1992 In Tokyo) [DVD]
Released: October 28, 2003
DVD is excellent no need for bonus features go get it!
 Content: 9
 Production Quality: 8.7
 9.2
Use Your Illusion I (World Tour 1992 In Tokyo) [DVD] Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 05, 2005

Sound: With all the instrument's almost perfect set up the sound was incredulous. I only have one criticism - I wish they had turned Duff's volume control up a bit! Apart from that the sound seemed as I say perfect. Axel's singing was spot on and Slash's solo's literaly took the breath away! // 10

Overall Impression: I didn't think the DVD filming was that great (but then again I mostly only watch my AC/DC DVD which has a heli camara) but the sound was spot on. I also was a bit dissapointed at the consistency at which they played well. It seemed that they had played all their best songs at the begining of the evening or maybe they good a bit tired I don't know. But none the less it's a good DVD. And if you are a fan of Slash, Guns N' Roses or even Velvet Revolver I would advise you to buy this DVD. // 8

Use Your Illusion I (World Tour 1992 In Tokyo) [DVD] Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 06, 2005

Sound: The band really pulled out all the stops for this concert. The whole band were on form and the sound was excellent from Axl on piano to Slash kneeing his guitar. Their first few songs they just got the Japs In A Frenzy with some high frequency s--t. // 10

Overall Impression: Although many say that the band were in their prime during Apitite For Distruction I feel the band put on a show of very hight standards. I love every thing about the DVD from the extra songs and guitars to the excellent stage presence. If my DVDs were stolen I would first buy some new ones, and then find the bastard that stole them and rip his arms off and beat him to death with them. // 10

Use Your Illusion I (World Tour 1992 In Tokyo) [DVD] Reviewed by: AdamDK, on january 20, 2007

Sound: The sound crew done an awesome job at this gig, because the sound is great. Perfectly set up for the musical needs of Guns N' Roses. As for the DVD, the sound quality is awesome. Axl voice is outstanding on this performance, and the rhythm section of the band was great. With the addition of Slash's solo's and lead work, everybody attending was in for a show they'd never forget. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, this was an excellent DVD. For me, this was one of the gunners' best live performances, and although they were without Izzy and Steven, the band still pulled off the Appetite era' songs just fine. This is definately a must have for big gunners' fans. If I ever had this stolen, I'd be straight down to my music store to pick up another one. // 9

Comments