Welcome To The Videos [DVD] review by Guns N' Roses

• Content: 7
  • Production Quality: 10
Guns N' Roses: Welcome To The Videos [DVD]

Guns N' Roses are the ultimate Heavy Metal/Hard Rock band, from 4 minute rockers to 9 minute ballads, this DVD has everything you'd expect from them. Not much can be said about the DVD, it contains music videos and comes in a DVD box. That's about it. No special features or anything, but I'm not complaining, it's a brilliant DVD.

Content — 7
Welcome To The Videos is supposedly the definitive DVD for all of GNR's music videos, it isn't. The DVD does not include the video for the songs "You Could Me Mine" (from Terminator 2) or "Knocking On Heavens Door" (a clip from the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert), because of legal reasons. Still, the rest are here from the well known "Welcome To The Jungle" to the high-budget "November Rain" and "Estranged." No special fetures are included, which is a dissapointment, but it's worth the money I paid for it.

Production Quality — 10
The videos remain suprisingly modern and fresh in DVD quality, and the audio is what you would expect from any modern music video. It has a DVD menu and a track selection like you'd expect, but nothing else special. The case has a tracklisting on the backand the video has the suprisingly long viewing time of 75 minutes.

The most impressive part of the DVD are the music videos for "Don't Cry", "Estranged", and "November Rain." They are the most high-budget, high quality videos you are ever likely to see. I hate the fact that there are no special features, or that it's missing two videos, but who really cares? If it were were stolen I'd buy it again the next time I had an urge to see one of the videos. This collection is now my 2nd favorite, close behind Queen Graetest Video Hits. Welcome To The Videos is a perfect addition to any GNR fans collection.