Welcome To The Videos [DVD] Review

8.5
 8.7
 8.2
Welcome To The Videos [DVD] Reviewed by: belavista man, on april 25, 2006

Sound: In this DVD, the sound is literally the same as it is on the GN'R CDs. There isn't really much to differ what is on this DVD to what you hear on 'Use You're Illusion 1 or 2'. There isn't much more to say about the sound of Welcome To The Videos other than it has what the people want, Guns N' Roses. // 9

Overall Impression: If you had a choice between buying 'Guns N' Roses' Greatest Hits' CD and this, I'de go for the CD. I'm not saying that this DVD is all bad, but it could have been better. If you want my oppinion, buy something you can listen to and not get bored of instead of buying a DVD you'll watch a couple of times and never watch again. This is really for die-hard GN'R fans, unless you are a die-hard GN'R fan, then, keep your money in your wallet. // 7

Welcome To The Videos [DVD] Reviewed by: Robman2k9, on august 09, 2006

Sound: Guns N' Roses are the ultimate Heavy Metal/Hard Rock band, from 4 minute rockers to 9 minute ballads, this DVD has everything you'd expect from them. Not much can be said about the DVD, it contains music videos and comes in a DVD box. That's about it. No special features or anything, but I'm not complaining, it's a brilliant DVD. // 10

Overall Impression: The most impressive part of the DVD are the music videos for "Don't Cry", "Estranged", and "November Rain." They are the most high-budget, high quality videos you are ever likely to see. I hate the fact that there are no special features, or that it's missing two videos, but who really cares? If it were were stolen I'd buy it again the next time I had an urge to see one of the videos. This collection is now my 2nd favorite, close behind Queen Graetest Video Hits. Welcome To The Videos is a perfect addition to any GNR fans collection. // 8

Welcome To The Videos [DVD] Reviewed by: GooGooFluffers, on june 05, 2009

Sound: Guns N' Roses is about the only band that rose out of L.A. in the late 80s that wasn't a hair metal band, and one of the only bands of the era that's music is memorable. Welcome To The Videos is a collection of all the music videos that GN'R made through its career. It is interesting to watch the videos if only to see the progression of the band from just some guys with a band to the biggest band in the world. It is also interesting to see the lineup changes that start to happen during the early 90s (like Slash wearing a sign that says: "Where's Izzy?" on the "Don't Cry" video). // 9

Overall Impression: Welcome To The Videos is a pretty good representation of GN'R's history. It's fun to watch the videos to see the guys "grow up", from punks on the street to most famous musicians in the world. The fact that the DVD has absolutly no extras at all takes away from the overall experience. If you are a huge GN'R fan (or you just like cheesy videos), you should consider getting this DVD. Plus you can probably find it for under 10 bucks so you won't be out too much if you don't like it. // 7

Welcome To The Videos [DVD] Reviewed by: SLASH.94, on january 14, 2009

Sound: I must say this DVD kicks ass. The quality is amazing for both audio and visual. it's straight rockin' and has some heavy stuff and epic stuff on there such as Welcome to the Jungle and November Rain. I don't think there are any stories attached to the making of this being it's just a collections of most of there videos. // 10

Overall Impression: Guns N' Roses music kicks ass, so it only makes sense that if you attach video's to the music, they; 'll just kick even more ass and that is what happens here on Welcome to the Video's. I think every video is good and I find Patience kind of ironic though. At the end it shows Axl all by himself watching old GN'R videos. It looks like it was prediction the future seeing as that is the way things are now. If someone stole my GN'R WTTV I would beat them down and take it back then I'd shove a britney spears CD up his/her/its ass. // 10

Comments