Keep It Together review by Guster

• Released: Jun 24, 2003
Guster: Keep It Together

This album is traditional Guster, only slightly mellower than it's predecessor, "Lost And Gone Forever." The songs are not so slow to put you to sleep, but not so fast that that it sounds extremely different. This album has many great songs on it, and all of them have their own unique sound and quality. Each song has it's own feel and tone, making the songs extremely addictive. You just can't listen to it once. Keep it on repeat all night and you defintely won't regret it.

The lyrics, in traditional Guster fashion, are filled with irony and unbelievably catch. I had "Homecoming King" stuck in my head for weeks. The songs are exquisite and the singing fits everything perfectly, like all of their songs before it. The only qualm I have though, is that the voice, at times, is monotonous. Not all of the time, but on occasion the singing sounds too much like another song on the album. That isn't much of a problem however, when the songs are fantastic.

The album is great. Definitely on at least an equal standing with "Lost And Gone Forever." Some may not agree with me, but that's fine. I love both of the CDs, it's just that this one really struck a chord with me. It even has a bonus track after the final song, called "Two At A Time." It's find after 30 seconds of silence at the end of the album. Maybe my favorite on the album. This album, if you are a fan of Guster, is a definite must-buy.

cpick2014
    i totally agree. keep it together in my opinion falls an incredibly short distance from lost an gone forever, but is still an awesome album. my favorite track has to be come downstairs and say hello, or the title track keep it together. awesome band, awesome album. keep on rockin'
    chris04
    I agree that it's not as good as Lost and Gone Forever but is still a very good CD. Guster is the greatest!
    x_oceansizelove
    I really love this album. I think Red Oyster Cult and I Hope Tomorrow Is Like Today are the best songs.