Beyond Hell review by GWAR

• Released: Aug 29, 2006
GWAR: Beyond Hell

GWAR has always had the distinctive sound of hard, thrash metal mixed in with a little glam rock. Their latest disc is no different as it begins with a recap of their failed attempt to conquer our human race (if you didn't know, GWAR is a race of aliens sent to earth to destroy humans). This sound does get a little repetitive at times, but it is still good throughout.

As in their previous discs, Oderus Urungus(the lead singer) writes lyrics resembling poems in which each line rhymes with the last. He also finds funny ways to make fun of, just about everything. AS in the song "The Ultimate Bohab", he is talking about the biggest fan, and of course he is "Zit Scarred, Unpopular" thus making fun of not only their own fans, but also themselves for attracting that kind of audience.

This is a great follow up disc to 2004's "War Party", but as it is, it is also kinda like what is before, but better! they always find ways to improve their already unique sound, without selling out like so many bands do nowadays Green Day and so, Oderus, Balsac The Jaws Of Death, Jizmak Da Gusha, Beefcake The Mighty, and Flattus Maximus, let me be the first to say, good job, and keep up the good work.

iquitmyscene13
    Rtard_GWARRIOR
    Oderus is a comic genius and Balsac and jizmac r Badass guirarists.
    You ****ing retard. Jizmak is the drummer. Balsac(Mike Derks) has been in GWAR since 1989, and the Current Flattus is Cory somthing. Dont really care. Mike ****ing pwns him. Oderus Actualy plays bass on a few songs. During Eat Steel he plays bass, America Must BE DESTORYED is the best GWAR album, All the guitar save a few songs are done by Balsac( Mike Derks ). Rock N Roll Never felt so good = best song.
    Mark-O1987666
    Lol, I like the way people say 'Oderous' writes the songs, it's as if his real name is unmentionable But yeah, this is a decent ass CD. The new Flattus is an excellent guitarist, some of the best GWAR guitar solos are on this album, the solo in Tormentor is insane. It also has the classic GWAR 'shout along choruses', which is always good in a live situation this album would get 10/10 if it had a couple more songs on, it just doesn't last long enough in my opionion
    gravensuicide
    dude, Gwar is the best band ever, I love this cd as well. I hate Gwar Haters though...they are extremely annoying, especially since most of the haters have never heard one Gwar song. But yeah..this album kicks major ass
    shredderzakk
    tbarrettl wrote: their music reminds me of slipknot, they don't show off their skill with popular as in top 40 music, but have hidden talent if they ever show it
    hey, therse guys were shredding way before the likes of Slipknot were even thought of. In fact, Slipknot got some of their original influences from GWAR!! hey, these guys were shredding way before Slipknot came along, in fact Slipknot got some of their influences from GWAR!!
    tbarrettl
    SOUTHofHEAVEN89
    HELL YEAH GWAR IS SICKKK.. THEIR NEW CD IS FUCKIN AMAZING! ONE OF THE BEST CD'S TO COME OUT THIS YEAR. I WOULD SAY ITS EVEN BETTER THEN THE NEW SLAYER CD. "GO TO HELL" AND "BACK IN CRACK" HAS FUCKIN SICK ASS RIFFS. AND THE STORY LINE IS LIKE NO OTHER BAND. THEY TAKE METAL TO NEW PLACES... GOOD PLACES FOR THE HISTORY OF MUSIC.
    shredderzakk
    as long as i dont get raped by a man because that would be gay!
    said insanejuggaloo, but i reply what if that was what the band wanted
    insanejuggaloo
    oh yeah did everyone forget about the dvd?!!?! they show the infamous slave pit making their costumes how coool is that? and the moscow metal moment is one of the funniest things ive seen gwar do besides telling randy of log that his whole band hates him on the sounds of the underground dvd! lol u gotta love this f***ing shiz!!!!
    insanejuggaloo
    theres so much more that could be said about the review of this cd, for one thing its there best because the man produced it(devin townshead) the guitar solo is amazing in the one that will not be named and the story line is amazing, from war to drugs this cd has it all and finally the vocals are pretty clear, where oderus sounds like hes singing right from his cuddle fish of oblingion! easly the best gwar cd ever, cant wait to see them again on this tour, as long as i dont get raped by a man because that would be gay!
    DementedHippie
    the starchild
    uspsteve wrote: A laughable group at best. I'm not going to call them a band; that would infer that they play music.
    play music? these guys can rip better than most of us out there! if u seriously think that then u must now have been listening
    uspsteve
    megaganj
    This is currently one of my favorite albums. I actually listen to it about 3 times a day. IMO, it's easily gwar's best cd. I wish I could see them again. Best Thing i've ever done. GWAR!
    rusty-knives
    iquitmyscene13 wrote: DementedHippie : Any band with members named Balsac the Jaws of Death and Jizmak da Gusha is automatically on my top ten, even if i've never really heard their music. Ten bucks says you watch South Park as well. Yeah, you're deffinately an intellectual being.
    You sound like such a douche. Don't rip on others for not being 'intellectual' when you can't spell. Fuck.