Bloody Pit Of Horror review by GWAR

• Released: Nov 9, 2010
GWAR: Bloody Pit Of Horror

The sound of the new album can only be described by one word: GWAR. Its a bit heavier then the previous effort (Lust in Space) but with the same great riffage, melody, and ball-busting tone we've grown to love. The single "Zombies March!" is the second of Gwar's to feature an 8-string guitar (the first being "Release the Flies" from Lust in Space.") and its a great innovation!

The lyrics on "Bloody Pit" are a bit less comedic then previous albums, but can still deliver a laugh or two. Oderus Urungus's (Dave Brokie) vocals are top notch, which is almost expected after hearing every other gwar album. Another great innovation is Beefcake the Mighty (Casey Orr) taking over lead vocals for the song "Beat you to Death."

Bloody Pit of Horror is Gwar's twelfth studio album and it doesn't dissapoint one bit. It offers the heaviness, harmonic solos, and brutal vocals we have come to expect from the greatness of Gwar. The band gets better with every album, and I can't wait to see what they come out with next.