Halestorm review by Halestorm

• Released: Apr 28, 2009
Halestorm: Halestorm

Halestorm is very good "up and coming" hard rock band. I say this because while I absolutely love them, it is kind of apparent in a few places that they've only been together for a while. Obviously great potential, though, in part because of Lizzy Hal's amazing voice and range (she also plays rhythm guitar), and the rest because of how well the band works together for the majority of the time. Their drummer is talented a-plenty, and the backup vocals help too. Good lead guitar bits thrown into most songs, but every once in a while I think they could have blended into the song better.

"I Get Off" is a very...strange... song simply because of the lyrics. Her voice is still great, playing's great, but the lyrics are strange; bout getting off to a peeping tom... wierd. The lyrics go well with the rest of the music, but that song is still strange. In all the rest of the songs, the lyrics are very well written. "Familiar Taste of Poison" is one of the best writtten songs, as is "Nothing to Do With Love" and "What were you Expecting". So, for the most part, well written lyrics that go well with the songs.

Considering Halestorm was touring with Shinedown when I first saw/heard of them, I would definately have to compare them to these guys. I love Lizzy's one-of-a-kind vocals, and the lead guitar and drum parts, but I'm not most fond of the son "I Get Off", largely because it's the only song they play by them in OKC, and because they're attracting the wrong people (ugh mainstream people). If it were stolen/lost, I would definately got out and but another copy as soon as I could find it. It's that good. Go out and get it; highly recommended.

Bezza27
    It's amazing how when a pair of tits gets involved the singer suddenly is great.
    Metalmouse
    Tremendous talent with flair that keeps your ears glued to your stereo. The band has the retro feel that screams the 1980's hard rock bands, minus the big hair. Aside from the underworked cornball lyrics this album has great staying power. Good time feel and hard hitting riffs...yet the asset Lizzy Hale brings to the band is a outstanding vocal range and the ablility to drive her male fans wild with her rockstar look and it is HAWT!
    VlaZ
    I think its a Great Rock Album! Beautifully done, music, lyrics. I give it 10.
    Slayton101
    No offense but how old are you? We can sing about sex and the chicks can't? Hell, she does an amazing job of not Britney Spearing these songs up into crap. Overall the album is a strong 8/10. Some songs are weak and generic, but most are great with some nice riffs.
    Chickenboot
    I love this album. I find it hard to find good girl singers other than the obvious, Amy Lee and Lacey Mosley. Yes, she isn't the best, but she's really great. She's also going to feature on Shinedown's deluxe edition of The Sound of Madness, singing Breaking Inside. I can't wait.