Into The Wild Life review by Halestorm

• Released: Apr 10, 2015
Halestorm: Into The Wild Life

Lzzy Hale continues to amaze me with her vocal abilities. One of our generations strongest female voices. The instrumental work sounds more mature and relaxed almost as if it were a contemporary rock band playing back ground and not a hard rock band. The sound was very ambient almost an homage to the '90s alternative sound such as L7 or Smashing Pumpkins. The songwriting musically has changed due to their use of more reverb and other guitar effects which gives them more of a different sound not knowing what to expect from them.

The lyrical content seemed kind of forced I feel but I still liked it. Some of the songs such as "Gotta Get Mine" and "Sick Individual" are just fillers to me. But other songs are more heartfelt such as "Dear Daughter" and "I Am the Fire" taking on more personal subjects such as passing on her knowledge to her daughter or knowing that you can be the best you and raise up like a flame. And some may be future generation classic rock hits such as "Apocalyptic" and "Amen" because it has a Led Zeppelin kind of vibe especially the main riff and chorus of "Apocalyptic."

It's definitely a different album from an up and coming rock omega but it is a good album. "I Am the Fire" and "Mayhem" are great tracks on this album that I recommend listening to before you buy the album. Some of it was filler as I have mentioned before but the music is still good. The guitarist has aged with his skill and has been able to adapt to the new expectation for guitar playing such as the solos. Then there are the drumming skills of Arejay Hale who is one of the best of the newer rock band of this generation.