The Strange Case Of... review by Halestorm

• Released: Apr 9, 2012
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Halestorm: The Strange Case Of...

Halestorm's second album, "The Strange Case Of..." is an impressive album. It's filled with energetic, radio rock songs, aggressive lyrics and a couple of sensitive ballads.

From the catchy, reckless opener "Love Bites (So Do I)" to the more heartfelt songs such as "Break In", this album has it all. "Mz.Hyde" has cheerful yet sarcastic verses, and a dark, heavier chorus, with haunting lyrics like "Welcome to the nightmare in my head". It showcases Lzzy Hale's ability of using a delicate singing voice and then the use of destructive, in your face vocals. There's the powerful "I Miss The Misery" and anthemic "Freak Like Me" which really captivate the listener, both with hard rocking sounds. "Rock Show" is a cheesy, fun song that will be stuck in your head all day. The guitar riffs on the album are reminiscent of Foo Fighters ("You Call Me A B-tch Like It's A Bad Thing") and even AC/DC ("American Boys"). The final track on the album, "Here's To Us" is a song filled with power and emotion, which finishes the album on a high. The bonus tracks are also great; "Don't Know How To Stop" is a big clump of energy, with a huge chorus. "Private Parts" featuring James Michael of Sixx:A.M is a brilliant song, it just has fairly weird lyrics.

Some people may compare Halestorm to Paramore just because they have a female lead singer, but this comparison is far from the truth; Halestorm are more edgy and powerful, and "The Strange Case Of..." shows just that.

Brian021
    XX,The problem with voicing your opinion in print is that there may come a time, LIKE NOW! I hope you're hungry because now you've got to eat all the nay-saying crap you've been writing in front of everyone. This a a list of what has transpired in the 7 months since you wrote your terrible review: Love Bites = #1 on the charts and first female fronted band to do so in HISTORY! Here's to Us = #1 on I-tunes for 8 days. Miss the Misery = #2 on the charts for 7 straight weeks. About to release the third single on the record in less than a year, unheard of! One world and one national headline tour nearly 80 shows and every show SOLD OUT! Revolvers #1 female rocker and just yesterday, "GRAMMY NOMINATED"! You got it all wrong XX, this isn't just my opinion, it's the world's opinion. Halestorm IS an amazing talent and has been for quite a while. They will continue on this path to great success despite the negative way you think and write. Advice: You can't just sit at your laptop and pretend to be an expert. You have to work for that! Do some research! Get to know the people you're going to write about and understand their efforts and sacrifices before you doubt. Maybe you were just having a bad day at the keyboard when wrote that review or maybe you never got to see and meet Halestorm. Either way, as I stated in the previous string,if you want to meet them now, we'll "See you at the Grammy's".
    Brian021
    HALESTORM WINS GRAMMY!!!!! AMAZING BAND!!!!! GO SEE THEM BECAUSE!!!!! NOW THEY HAVE "PULLED IT OFF"!!!!!
    Cazman
    slashermaster wrote: I saw these guys open up for Disturbed and Avenged in '09. The coolest thing about them (I found) was the drummer.
    Definitely. I saw them in Japan in 2010 (I think it was 2010). At one point the drummer pulled out those gigantic drum sticks and started drumming away, looked funny as hell.