The Mystery Of Her review by Haley Dykes

Haley Dykes: The Mystery Of Her

Haley Dykes is the daughter of acoustic guitar phenomenon, Doyle Dykes. She calls her style of music 'newgrass', because it's new bluegrass! I first discovered her at a Doyle Dykes concert, where she guest-starred, and played some of her songs. She was amazing, to say the very least; so I instantly fell in love with her music. She plays the mandolin incredibly, and the rest of her band add guitars, dobro, violin, bass and even drums to her music. It's truly a fantastic sound, even if you're not a fan of bluegrass, you'll still love Haley's music.

Before I found Haley, I thought Alison Krauss had the best female voice I'd ever heard. Then, after hearing Haley sing, Alison was blown straight outta the window! Haley's voice is so beautiful and strong, and fits straight into the music perfectly. Her skills are phenomenal. The lyrics on the album are brilliant as well. Haley's voice will be the main 'selling point' of the album once you've heard her sing.

For her first CD, this is incredible. I just think it is such a shame that she isn't more 'mainstream'. I've played her music to people who don't even like bluegrass, and they've loved it. I honestly can't stress enough just how strong her voice is! "The Mystery Of Her" is my favourite song on the album. It has a very catchy tune, and you'll be singing it for weeks. Overall, the album is brilliant. If I lost it, I would definately buy another (though, sadly, you can't buy it on Amazon, you need to visit haleymusicstore.net). Love it!

Powerhouse
    Haley and her entire family are wonderful musicians. I play in a band with her brother.
    red headed axe
    i SAW HER LIVE.SHE IS THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO MUSIC STEVEIE RAY VAGHN BEST VOICE AND SONGWRITTING SKILLS SINCE SINNATRA