Crucible review by Halford

• Released: Jun 25, 2002
Halford: Crucible

Just bought the Halford cd "Crucible" and it is AMAZING. Rob Halford has used his singing skills, Pat and Mike's guitars skills, Bobbys druming skills and Ray's bass skills have made an awesome sounding album. Rob Halford is known for being the metal god in Judas Priest...but in Halford he sings in a heavier sometimes deeper voice. This is definitely heavier than Judas Priest. From songs like "Crucible" and "One Will" compared to "She" and "Trails of tears" this album has all different types of sound.

The lyrics in this album are very good. Rob uses different types of writing skills. EXAMPLE...in the song "Crystal" he sings "Crystallized in paranoia lost yourself inside her madness, beast has glazed your being with its torture" then in "Crucible" he sings "lost in a room of mirrors ,there's only one way out, but suicide is easy, when lal you have is doubt".

This cd is amazing, I would compare it to "Defenders of faith" from Priest, the most iprseive songs are definitely "One will", "Crucible", "Handing out bullets", "Fugitive", and "Heretic". The only thing I don't like about the cd is that it seems to et repetive. If it were stolen I go out and buy it again definitely. It is DEFINITELY worth buying. I love this album.