The Inevitability Of A Strange World review by Halifax

• Released: May 23, 2006
Halifax: The Inevitability Of A Strange World

Halifax's sound is somewhat of an '80s rock mixed with a more modern twist. They produce very good guitar work along with the drums. Their lyrics are poppy and strong. One of the only modern bands to break out of the "emo" scene and play rock music. The best songs on the album are Nightmare, Under Fire, I Told You So and (the Motley Crue-esque) Our Revolution. Their overall sound has changed much since their EP A Writer's Reference, For The Good.

Their lyrics are catchy and rythmic leaving you singing them in your head days later. From breakups to party time and all in between they produce good lyrics that fit the music nicely. The singer's voice quality adds to the fitting of the music and makes a nice touch in his range throughout the album.

Basically the best songs are Nightmare, Our Revolution, Anthem For Tonight and I Told You So. To Be honest it took a couple listens to get past the first five songs because the CD seems to lose something but as I kept listening it was definately a good buy and a good cd from Start To Finish. If it were stolen or lost or blown to bits I would definately buy it again.

UrbanSombrero
    The guys in Halifax are very talented. I saw them live and they really brought the show to another level. They really nailed "Our Revolution" and that has become my favorite song off this album. That songs really should be tabbed out, I want to play those riffs.
    sixteen_12
    I agree Our Revolution is an amazing song. It has an amazing guitar riff and strong lyrics. Halifax moved in a very positive direction. Anybody else see the similarity in the album artwork to Finch's Say Hello To Sunshine?
    tbarrettl
    "
    the Motley Crue-esque Our Revolution sounds like a cheap cut paste knockoff I heard recently by motley crue
    misery 4 me
    I think the only song that's not as good as the rest is I Told You So. I love this CD. I can't see why lots of people hate A Writer's Reference. I thought this CD was good too.
    breaking_down
    i saw these guys live at soundwave in brisbane.. we were the first australian crowd they played for.. and i have to say they were one of the best of the day!! excellent music XD